Tiramisu with dates
For the Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 180°.
- Grease and lightly flour a (26 cm) cake pan.
- Whisk butter and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at the time, vanilla while continuously whisking until all ingredients are well combined.
- Fold in flour gradually, stir slowly until just combined.
For the filling:
- Put coffee in a saucepan over medium heat, add the dates, and let mixture boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain the dates while keeping aside the boiled coffee.
- In the prepared cake pan, arrange the dates; pour the cake mixture on it.
- Bake the cake for 20 minutes or until done.
- Flip the cake on a wire rack, cool.
For the cream:
- Whisk cheese and sugar with a hand mixer; fold in the whipped cream until combined.
For the tiramisu:
- Flip the cake upside down so the dates will be on the top.
- Cut the cake horizontally into two equal layers.
- Put the lower layer of the cake in the serving plate; make some holes in the cake (using a wood chopstick), moister with coffee.
- Top with mascarpone cream, spreading evenly.
- Place the other cake layer, cover with cream; sprinkle with cocoa powder and cinnamon.