Leg of Lamb Stuffed with Mushroom
- Rinse meat and pat dry.
- Heat butter with 2 tablespoons oil in a pot over medium high heat.
- Add onion and garlic, saute for few minutes until translucent.
- Pulse mushroom, remaining oil and cream in food-processor to a thick paste.
- Add mixture to onion, tarragon and saute for few minutes.
- Add spinach, ground meat and season with salt, pepper and spices.
- Stir mixture for about 5 minutes, set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Debone the leg of lamb, leaving the shank bone, season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff meat with the spinach mixture, fold to close with tooth picks.
- Put cracked wheat in a large baking dish, add chicken stock.
- Top with tomato and onion slices, season with salt and pepper.
- Mix garlic, olive oil, salt, cracked pepper and rosemary.
- Spread the garlic mixture over the meat, lay it on top the cracked wheat.
- Cover with foil, bake in the oven for one hour, then remove the foil and continue baking for one more hour.
- Let the meat stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Garnish with nuts and herb before serving.
1 leg of lamb (about 2 kg)
2 tablespoon butter
4 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1/2 kg mushroom
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 teaspoon tarragon, chopped
2 cups spinach, chopped
1/3 kg ground beef
salt and pepper
1/2 teaspoon mix spices
1/2 kg cracked wheat (frikk) washed, socked, drained
2 cups chicken stock
2 large tomato, sliced
2 onion, sliced
4 garlic cloves, chopped
3 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoon rock salt
1 teaspoon black pepper, cracked
1 teaspoon rosemary, chopped
1 tablespoon roasted mixed nuts
mixed herbs, chopped