Rawani (Orange Syrup Cake)
- Preheat oven to 180˚C (350˚F).
- Grease 27cm (9in) cake pan with butter, dust with some flour, and shake off excess.
- In bowl of electric mixer, beat eggs on medium speed for 5 minutes until light and fluffy. Add vanilla.
- Mix all-purpose flour, semolina flour, and baking powder in large bowl. Using a rubber spatula, gradually fold into egg mixture until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, prepare Sugar Syrup: In a saucepan over medium heat, dissolve sugar in water. Add cinnamon and orange zest. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until thickened. Strain.
- When cake is done, pour syrup over warm cake in pan. Sprinkle generous amount of coconut over syrup-coated cake until completely covered.
- Invert cake onto a serving plate so sprinkled coconut is on bottom. Spread jam evenly on top, then garnish with alternate stripes of coconut and pistachios.