- Rub meat with salt, pepper ground spices and minced garlic.
- Heat oil in a pot over a medium heat; cook meat with onion, cinnamon, bay leaves and cloves.
- Stir ingredients; add water/stock, tomato paste and shallots.
- Cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 45 minutes or until tender.
- Add pumpkin, potatoes and cook till softened, remove from heat.
- Add cheese and stir with ingredients,
- Serve hot with rice, garnish with chopped parsley.
4 pieces beef/lamb chunks
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon ground spices (cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, bay leaves)
1 tablespoon minced garlic
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 cup shallots, peeled
1 cinnamon stick
2 bay leaves
2 whole cloves
6 cups water or stock
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1/2 kilo pumpkin, large cubes
1/2 kilo red potatoes, large cubes
200 grams Akkawi cheese (white brine cheese), cubes
Chopped parsley for garnish