Fish Stuffed with breadcrumbs
- Clean fish and soak in salted water (with flour stirred in the water) for 30 minutes.
- Wash under running water, drain off all water.
- Make slits on both sides of the fish using a tip of a sharp knife.
- In a small bowl, mix lemon juice with olive oil.
- Sprinkle over fish and rub from inside and outside until marinade is well absorbed.
- Mix breadcrumbs with lemon and lime zests, season with salt and pepper.
- Mix half of the mixture with the chilies, garlic and herbs (preserving the rest for garnish)
- Stuff fish and slits with the mixture; seal the abdomen with a bamboo stick.
- Mix flour, masala and turmeric in a plate.
- Dredge fish with flour mixture, shaking off any excess flour.
- Pan-Fry from both sides until cooked and golden, drain excess oil on a paper towel.
- Place fish on a serving plate, sprinkle with spiced bread crumbs/ lemon/lime mixture on top.
3 fish medium size
2 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon lemon zest, dried
1 tablespoon lime zest, dried
Salt and pepper
1 teaspoon green chili, finely chopped
2 tablespoon garlic, minced
3/4 cup herbs, chopped (parsley and cilantro)
1 cup flour
2 teaspoon Garam Masala, powder
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
Vegetable oil for pan-frying