- Boil Maghrabeya in salted boiling water for about 5 minutes (half way cooked), drain and set aside.
- Heat 2 spoons olive oil in a pan over a medium-high heat
- Add prawns and stir for about 3 minutes, stir in mussels and clams, season with salt and pepper and heat for another 3 minutes.
- Remove seafood from heat, cover and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in the same pan, stir in onion and garlic until translucent.
- Add pepper and stir for 5 minutes, pour in dissolved saffron and paprika.
- Mix in tomato juice and boil.
- Stir in Maghrabeya, season with salt and pepper, let boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until Maghrabeya is tender.
- Add seafood mixture to Maghrabeya, stir gently, and heat for another 5 minutes, set aside.
- Serve Seafood Paella warm and garnish with chopped parsley.
1 kilo king prawns, cleaned, peeled, deveined, pat dry
1/4 kilo mussels, cleaned, pat dry
1/4 kilo clams, cleaned, pat dry
1/4 kilo squid, cleaned, cut into 1 cm thick rings
2 cups pearl couscous (Maghrabeya)
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 medium onions, Julian
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 red bell pepper, diced
2 teaspoons paprika
1/2 teaspoon saffron (dissolved in warm water)
Salt and pepper
2 cups tomato juice
2 cups stock
Chopped parsley for garnish